Hi folks, got this email from Amir Muhammad at the Malaysian Cinema mailing list
Kelab Seni Filem Malaysia
Aug 13, 2007
HELP University College auditorium,
Pusat Bandar Damansara, KL.
9 shorts (out of 21 entries).
Curated & hosted by Amir Muhammad
Total running time: 1 hour 48 min.
Vote for your three favourite shorts of the night! Ask questions of the directors! Etc.
Slightly more than half of the night will be devoted to works by recent graduates of ASWARA. You might be surprised as to what they have been up to.
1. BATTHOSAI (Amir Sallehuddin/22 min/Malaysia/In Japanese)- ASWARA
2. NOT HOME (Allan Koay/Malaysia/10 min/In Cantonese)
3. QALAM (Hadi Koh/10min/Malaysia/In Malay)- ASWARA
4. EYE CANNOT SEE (Idora Alhabshi/12 min/ Malaysia-Australia/In English)
5. COMOLOT (Mohd Ikram Ismail/8 min/Malaysia/In Malay)- ASWARA
6. OBSTACLES (T. Sathiyavarmaan/14 min/Malaysia/In Tamil) - ASWARA
7. A (Foo Wei Xiang/9 min/Malaysia/In Mandarin)
8. VERTICAL DISTANCE (Edmund Yeo/6 min/Australia-Malaysia/In English)
9. SEHARI DALAM KEHIDUPAN (Syed Omar/12 min/Malaysia/In Malay) - ASWARA
We will also re-screen Akashdeep Singh's PINTU (5 min/Malaysia/In Malay) to celebrate its win at Festival Filem Malaysia ke-20 as Filem Pendek Terbaik. It had, of course, been an audience favourite at a previous edition of Malaysian Shorts.
Interesting. My film has the shortest running time among all short films. Anyway, Vertical Distance was recently selected for screening at the Jogja-Netpac Asian Film Festival in Indonesia, and this will mark its Malaysian premiere.
I can't attend the event as I am heading off to Chile on the very same night. I'll get into that in my next post later.
But please go there and support me!!!!
(... and other Malaysian short films!)
That is all.